MEANING BEHIND MY BLOG NAME

Whatever the reason behind the name of a blog is meaningful to the blogger. For my case, there are two meaning. One, I am born with cleft lip and palate and two, I am more than just my cleft.

Being born with a cleft lip and palate is not easy. Everyone will see you in a different way. They'll judge and discriminate you. They'll make you hate yourself and make you wish to be someone else. Furthermore, they'll make you feel like you have no right to speak up. I've been bullied so much just because I have a cleft. I know that I was different from everyone else, but I just don’t know why I was being bullied for that. I've been dealing with my bullies every single day. They gave me depression, anxiety and make me question my worth. I was weak.

Ever since I've always been in love with writing. I was 9 years old when I started writing a diary. I guess that is the reason why I never learned to open up myself to anyone because I am more comfortable writing my feelings than to talk about it with someone. I was 15 years old when I started reading people's blog. I spent so much time reading peoples blog! 17 years old when I started thinking of writing my own blog but I just couldn't because I was afraid to be judged by it. Like I said, I was weak. I didn't know how to stand up for myself. I was very insecure. 

Beyond Her Cleft

If you've followed me since the beginning you probably know that my blog name used to be The Life of Ma. Angelika. I chose that name just because that was the first thing that comes to my mind. In short, no specific reason. After 3 months I decided to rename my blog. I wanted something unique and at the same time I wanted something that will truly represents me. That's when I eventually thought of Beyond Her CleftI want to show the world that I am more than just my cleft. People who have cleft are more than just their cleft.

The biggest mistake I've ever done was to let my bullies questioned my worth. For so long I've let them limit my potentials. I shouldn't've let them. I wished I knew before how blessed I am. That despite of my cleft, I am still blessed. Same goes for you! You should know that you are perfectly made by God. Just because people thinks that you are different that doesn't mean there's something wrong with you because there isn't! You know what's wrong? It's their tiny brain. They're actually nothing but an insecure loser who's trying so hard to be better than you! Cheer up and never let anyone drag you down.


woah you've made it all the way down here ily

Popular Posts