KANDIWATA ROCK FORMATION | DARAM SAMAR

Kandiwata is a rock island formation of limestone walls in Daram Samar, Philippines. If you haven't been in Palawan this is a glimpse of how rock formations in Palawan actually look like and will surely give you some Palawan feels!

We rented a pump boat which cost us 2,500 pesos (pakyawan rate) which has the capacity of 10 to 15 persons.

We took the morning trip to Kandiwata at exactly 6:00 AM. If you are planning to visit Kandiwata I would also suggest you to take the six AM trip - sea is calm during that time.

It took us two-hours of traveling from the port of Catbalogan City. Therefore I suggest you to bring your snacks with you. In spite of that, we passed by a few stunning rocks formations! (I don't have much pictures of those rocks formations- sorry)

Kandiwata rock formation is actually an isolated island which is why this island is not yet explored by many and only few people knows about this place.

“recent post: Things You Need to Work On”

These rocks were formed from thousands of years ago. Some rocks were formed vertically and some were horizontally. People who likes taking pictures for their insta feeds or if you're into diving or a travel blogger I would recommend Kandiwata! You'll surely love it here.


Things to know before visiting Kandiwata

  • Kandiwata is one of the hottest tourist destination in Visayas.
  • Entrance fee is 20 pesos (per head).
  • If you want to explore around the area, you can rent a kayak for 100 pesos per hour.
  • Floating cottage is 1,200 pesos and 700 pesos for the smaller ones.
  • There is no nearest store so be sure to bring your foods.
  • There is no port area therefore pump boats can dock wherever they want.
  • There's no bathroom.
  • Waters are clear shades of green and blue; DO NOT throw your garbage into the sea, be responsible.
  • Kandiwata is perfect for diving but I wouldn't recommend if you're not that confident.

“you might also like: Sad Truth of Social Media”

Fun fact

According to those people who lives near by the island- loud noises are prohibited. This is because they claim that Kandiwata is a home for supernatural beings. They said that there are some spirits who are living in that island for a very long time ago. They call it a guardian spirits of nature. But don't worry, those spirits won't harm us as long as we won't harm the island itself. Furthermore, there are also some locals who said that loud parties are heard during a full moon and bright lights are seen hovering over Kandiwata. Tho I'm not sure if it's a fact or just a myths.

How to get to Kandiwata Rock Formation

I don't know where you're exactly at but make sure to get to any places in Samar and go to their public markets where the port area is located. In there you'll see a tons of pump boats lined up as service vessels. You can rent one of those.

“also read: Meaning Behind my Blog Name”

And that's it for today's blog! You guys know this is my first travel blog (more like a small trip) so please bear with me. I'm like all new to this “travel blogging” thingy, sorry if I didn't reached your standard about this type of content but don't worry cause I'll work on it. Well actually, let me know what you think about this blog? Did you like it? Did I write it well? Also let me know if you'd want me to do more of this content 'cause I'd probably do more if you'd like me to!



INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER

woah you've made it all the way down here ily

All images used in this blog are mine. Using any of these images without my permission are strictly prohibited.

Popular Posts