SOUTHERN LEYTE NEEDS HELP TOO

Southern Leyte is a province in the Philippines located in the Eastern Visayas region. Its capital is the city of Maasin.

16th of December, 2021 when the typhoon Odette landed in the Philippines. Many Cities, Towns, and Barangays were affected. One of the Affected City is the Southern Leyte yet we are not seeing enough news, updates, and information about them. If not because of some concerned netizens who are sharing photos and some updates about Southern Leyte, we wouldn't know about their situations.

Why are we not getting enough information about them?

Southern Leyte is not as popular as Cebu and Palawan. Even though Maasin is a City, it is still not familiar to many, even to me. I'm not saying that the government aren't doing their part to help these poor people but they are not getting enough help or attention that they needed. "Southern Leyte needs help too" is all over the internet but why are they still not getting enough help and attention? Literally every town in this province was affected by typhoon Odette. Below are pictures from Southern Leyte.

No foods and water.

No electricity.

House were damaged and some were completely destroyed.

Even forest were affected.

A lil help for Southern Leyte <3

 

Sometimes, its hard to find new hope in times like this. Its hard to believe that everything happens for a reason if in just one snap, lahat ng pinaghirapan mo bigla nalang mawawala. Today, our goal is to let Southern Leyte know that they are seen. They are heard. And we are with them.

200 Relief Goods for 200 Families

It may not be as much as others but if you have the ability to help, no matter how big or small it is, help anyways. Disclaimer, I did not write this blog to brag nor to show off but to tell y'all that no matter how big or small it is, if you have the ability to help, do it. It's the thought that counts. This world is already full of hate, wouldn't it be better if we spread love this time? Second, some images used in this blog belongs to their perspective owners and I or this blog does not claim any right over them (photo sources are linked below each picture). I also want to give recognition to my beautiful (inside and out) aunt Arabelle Bael and to her colleague for making this help possible. They are the ones behind this help.

Taking y'all with us

While on our way to Maasin City, we saw this old lady, walking and looking really tired. We called her and gave her relief goods. With her eyes full of happiness, love, and hope, it literally feels so good knowing that you could be their answered prayer.

 

Below are more pictures and clips distributing relief goods to these people in Southern Leyte that are literally affected by the typhoon Odette. Again, this isn't for bragging or to show off. I wanted to keep this beautiful moment here in my blog and just to share it to you, my beautiful readers since ya'll are part of my life.

 
 
 
 

Southern Leyte Update...

It's upsetting knowing that its almost one month since typhoon Odette happened, yet Southern Leyte still don't have electricity and water. They barely catch signal and a lot of residence don't know how to start their life yet. On the other hand, they are really inspiring knowing that despite of what happened to them, they still managed to smile and be positive. One old lady even told me that typhoon Odette took their roof but it doesn't matter cause what important is that her whole family were safe. She were talking about it while smiling which melted my heart.

We came there to help them, turns out they were the one who helped me. They helped me in a way they made me realized a lot of things. When Odette happened, whole Philippines were affected but luckily we are not much affected like others. But just like others, we lost electricity and signal. Pero that's it. No flood. But yes, some houses were destroyed but not completely damaged. We have source of foods and water. Yet I was still complaining. I was complaining why we didn't had electricity (although we have generator but still it's not the same). I was complaining why we don't have signal. I was hoping and praying for the electricity and signal to get back to normal, A-S-A-P.... without thinking of the situations of others. Now it made me feel so selfish. How can I think like that? I am so ashamed of myself for that. Pero I learned from it and that's all that matters. Diba? Daghan salamat Maasin people for making me realized a lot of things and made me appreciate what I have. I hope you guys will learn from this too! I think that is it for todays blog. Thank you so much for reading. Make sure to stick around by subscribing!

DONATIONS FOR  THE VICTIMS OF THYPOON ODETTE click here


INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER

woah you've made it all the way down here ily

Popular Posts